Visit the Meatout 2005 Website!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Nothing Funny About Borat

I have a blog entry saved as a draft detailing the manifestation of my really horrible, terrible body image, but it was really emo and whiny, and I know that no one wants to read about it.

So I'm going to talk about 'Borat'. Steve and I rented it last weekend at his request. And there really wasn't anything funny about it. It was the most uncomfortable hour-and-a-half that I've had in at least a year. Really, just... ugh.

First, I really don't see what's so funny about making fun of an entire country of people. What's so funny about making them look like sister-screwing dimwits? Nothing.

Second, there was some really offensive stuff in that movie, even for Steve, and we all know how much men like the juvenile humor. The movie bashes Jewish people, homosexuals, and it even goes so far as to make innuendos toward incest. Like, father to son incest. Not.funny.

If you haven't rented it yet, don't waste your money. Because there's nothing at all even slightly humorous about even joking about having sex with children. Really. Disgusting.

3 comments:

M said...

Josh & I were searching for a movie to rent the other night and paused to consider renting this. Neither of us could quite get up the interest to watch this though we were in the mood for a comedy. Evidently 'comedy' would be the wrong genre for this though and I'm glad we opted out of it.

I really would like to hear from people who HAVE liked this movie because I've yet to find anyone who found it hilarious and "got" it yet when it came out there was such hooplah.

Makes me scratch my head.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Sign me up too.

Jeff wanted to see it and I was so less than impressed with it too.

I know I laughed at one part but right now can't even thin which one it was....

Tamar said...

Well, Sasha Baron Cohen is Jewish, and a large part of what he was trying to do with the character was to reveal how accepted anti-Semetism still is in countries like the UK and the US which like to believe that it isn't a 'real problem' any more.

That defence aside, yeah, I'm not bothering to see it.