Don't you hate this question?
Or, rather, don't you hate this question (or some version of it) when you're feeling perfectly fine with a full night's sleep? It implies that you look like shit.
This is how it happened to me this morning:
Co-worker: Rough night? Or morning?
Me: Um, neither, actually. But thanks anyway, though.
Co-worker: Oh. I just thought - well, you usually have make-up on.
Me: I do have make-up on.
Co-worker: Oh. Usually it's more... obvious. (trying to remove foot from mouth) I put on a LOT of make-up today to cover up. I swear, it looked like my husband gave me two black eyes.
Me: *insert starey face here*
So, here's what I get from this. I usually wear a lot of make-up. And, not only do I look like the undead without make-up (which I already know, and that's okay), but without eyeliner or a good cake-like under eye concealer, I also look like death. YAY!
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hate the "are you feeling ok?" almost as much as
"Wow you're really dressed up today?" implying that I dress like shit the rest of the time.
I've come to the conclusion that your co-workers have NO boundaries.
It seems like the only people who ask me "Are you okay?" are people who I'm trying to not let on that I'm annoyed with at the moment that they ask. :P Awkward!
Oh dear lord! I get that a lot... apparently with no makeup I look three steps from death.
Your co-workers though? Morons.
Post a Comment