Visit the Meatout 2005 Website!

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Funky

I've been having a really hard time, lately, with my mood. I'm waking up every day dreading work, dreading the commute, dreading opening my e-mail.

And it's starting to spill over. It's affecting the way I deal with other people. Seems like I mostly just want to curl up on the couch, watch movies, and be left alone. But I can't exactly do that. There's quite a bit going on in my life, not bad, but just things, and I don't even feel like sharing. I kind of feel like it doesn't matter, and that no one cares. As if that's not enough, I'm finding it really difficult to react to things the way I 'should'. Like, I have a hard time getting excited with people. I have a hard time empathizing and crying with people. It's like I'm on autopilot.

Emo and whiny, I know. And I don't have any reason to feel like this. Nothing bad has happened.

I don't quite know how I slipped into this funk. And I'm really hoping I'll slip out of it as quickly and quietly as I slipped into it.

4 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh wow, Heather. You put into words exactly what I haven't been able to. Been struggling in that rut for weeks now and can't seem to resurface. Label it however you like, people, but it really sucks.

I'm blaming my hormones, 'cause it's an easy cop-out and I'm too tired to come up with anything more creative than that.

Speaking of curling up, that's exactly what I'm going to go do now.

Sympathies? Don't know if that helps, but regardless, they're there.

M said...

Oh honey I'm sorry. I hate it when you go through these cycles. :-(

Is there any hope of talking to a pro about it? Because man oh man do you not deserve to have to feel a funk a junk.

Or how about running off to Tahiti? Miss Lily will show eventually and I'll join you for pina coladas! MMMMM! :)

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Oh Sweetie.

For me...I don't mind that dread that hangs on me...but when I feel like I can't get excited for anyone or cry with anyone..that something is definitely UP with me...

Hang in there babe...

MCA said...

good post...!
sell domainsNaples Florida Realtor