Bean's birthday party was yesterday. I realize that her actual birthday was weeks prior, but it's just easier all around if I schedule her party at least 10 days afterward.
We went to Pump-It-Up for her birthday party because I didn't want to have to clean up after a bunch of kids and because Chuck E. Cheese is lame now. Do you know that they don't even have the band with the mechanical animals anymore? It's all on a video screen. What a rip-off.
Anyway, have you ever been to Pump-It-Up? It might be the most fun place ever. Giant inflatable slides, boxing rings, an obstacle course, a jousting ring. It's great.
So tell me why I was so exhausted after the party that I slept for two hours. (Which led to being wired at 11:00pm, telling my husband, "I'm bored" while he was falling asleep on the couch.) I nearly rolled my ankle racing a seven-year-old through the obstacle course. I got a rug burn type deal, and let's not even get into how I hurt my butt.
After play time, we all went in to do pizza and cake and presents. And, I love my girl's little friends, but I couldn't wait for everyone to leave so that we could just go home. When we got home, Hubs wanted to watch the Broncos lose, Bean wanted to play with her super cool new toys (I love that my daughter asked for science-related stuff for her birthday), and I wanted to curl up and fall asleep in bed. So it was win-win all around, really.
When I get caught up, I'll post pictures of the party. The slides, the presents, and the kick ass vegan ice cream cake (that I made, that's right).
I'm still tired. So tired. When did I get so old? ACK!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment