Visit the Meatout 2005 Website!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Old man crushes

I have old man crushes. It's really odd. With all the young, heartthrob-y actors in Hollywood, I have crushes on old guys.

I have never been especially interested in watching political crap on television until I discovered Keith Olbermann. Now, he used to do sports correspondance, and I never thought twice about him then. Maybe it's the combination of nice suits with coordinating ties, salt and pepper hair, the glasses, the cynicism, and the knowledge of politics that makes everything he has to say very, very interesting.

In the same political vein, I find both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert wildly attractive. Colbert kind of reminds me of a cartoon character. Maybe that's what I like about him. And, I know, I know, mid-forties isn't necessarily old. It's actually not. However, since I'm 25, I'm going to say that mid-forties is older.

Then we have the old guys who just have phenomenal talent. And that is hot, too. Bruce Springsteen, Al Pacino, and *drool* John Malkovich. Good night, I love that man.


And then there is the bizarre that I can't explain. My psychoses all come to light when I tell people that there is something oddly attractive about Billy Bob Thornton. Shut up! Who are you to judge me?

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Your not alone! I have old man crushes too!!

Tamar said...

BILLY-BOB?

I have a thing for Jeremy Irons so I suppose I can't talk. It's his voice - that gravelly, dipped in peat-aged whiskey voice, with all those clipped vowels. Sigh. I spent the whole of 'The Lion King' squirming every time he had a line.

Anonymous said...

Al Pacino I know he's 68 but......phworah!

Grace