There are several things about the house we're living in right now (and the neighborhood) that I will not miss:
1. The neighbors' dogs. For two years straight, they have barked at us every.single.time we've stepped onto the back patio. Actually, if they can even sense my presence in the laundry room, they go apeshit.
2. Our backyard. It's small. It slopes. It has been nothing but dirt and weeds since the day we moved in. When you're letting a large dog out after a snow melt, it makes for lots of fun on the carpet.
3. Speaking of the carpet. I will not miss it. Oatmeal-colored berber. Do you know what happens to berber with a large dog and cats who chase each other all day?
4. The bathrooms. It's been an uphill battle trying to keep the bathrooms from smelling like piss. Not animal piss. Human piss. Apparently, the former tenants had little boys (who peed on EVERYTHING) as well as an aversion to cleaning the toilet. There was orange on the underside of the toilet when we moved in. No shit.
5. The police. Now, I have no problem with police. What I do have a problem with, however, is being woken up at 3am multiple times by officers looking for someone who knew the previous tenants. How many times do we have to say that they haven't lived there in years? Also, random drug busts have caused patrol cars to block our cars in the driveway multiple times. And we don't live in a bad neighborhood. At all. I do, however, think we have a little meth head action happening.
6. Being 15 minutes from a grocery store. Can you say boonies? Yeah. A trip to Walgreens to get something for Bean's fever was at least a 35 minute affair.
There is a lot more I won't miss. But that's all I can think of right now.
Can't wait to move.
Soon, my pretties.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am excited for you!
Hey, ditto chick! I wish you all the best in your new house!
Post a Comment